BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES AND INTERACTIONS BETWEEN TRACK AND STRUCTURES. BRAKING
This report contains the most significant results of the starting and braking force measurements, carried out on seven different railway bridges. The experimental and theoretical studies of the different parameters have led to the establishment of new rules permitting the performance of railway bridges to be better defined taking into account the starting and braking forces. The study has primarily been focused on the following parameters: the vertical load, the apparent coefficient of adhesion, the influence of rails, the type of bearing devices and the length of the bridge structures.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Braking; Braking performance; Bridge bearings; Bridges; Diesel locomotives; Electric locomotives; Force
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking forces; Question d101; Starting forces
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053353
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 101/RP 15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM