ECONOMICS OF ROAD DESIGN STANDARDS CONSTRUCTION - TL MIN 78
This recently commenced research project will contribute to the development of rational criteria for the selection of road design standards by investigating the influence of terrain type and level and composition of traffic on the appropriateness of different design standards for various categories of rural roads. A case study approach to the examination of six different terrain bands will make use of computer-aided route selection across a broad set of combinations of design standards, road cross - sections and traffic conditions. The project will also seek to develop terrain classification indices to facilitate application of the study results (a). (TRRL) the conference is IRRD no. 239661. resistance, impact resistance, gradings below and above those stipulated, grain shape and cleanliness. For proof of the material suitability the test methods of the instruction sheet for testing aggregates used in road construction by the bast are used. These differ in part from the stone testing standards. When using mineral materials as aggregates for concrete din 4226 applies.
- Proceedings of the first Conference of Australian Institutes of Transport Research, Monash University 12th-14th December, 1979.
Monash UniversityWellington Road
Clayton, Victoria Australia 3800
- BENNETT, D W
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Benefit cost analysis; Case studies; Classification; Computer aided design; Conferences; Digital computers; Highway design; Particles; Pollution; Research projects; Rural areas; Rural highways; Shape; Shock (Mechanics); Socioeconomic factors; Standards; Terrain; Terrain evaluation; Test procedures; Traffic density; Traffic volume; Vehicle mix
- Uncontrolled Terms: Particle size distribution; Selection
- ITRD Terms: 2894: Alignment; 8513: Classification; 8525: Conference; 226: Cost benefit analysis; 8673: Digital computer; 2855: Highway design; 8557: Research project; 328: Rural area; 9072: Selection; 187: Specification (standard); 4035: Terrain; 641: Traffic composition; 673: Traffic concentration
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; I10: Economics and Administration; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00317296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Report/Paper Numbers: BOOK
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM