NON-DESTRUCTIVE EXAMINATION PROCEDURES. DESCRIPTION OF LABORATORY TESTS ON AXLES USING THE ULTRASONIC TEST PROCEDURE AND MAGNETIC PARTICLE EXAMINATION METHOD
On the basis of a series of laboratory tests carried out by: the FS on FS, SNCB and PKP axles, using the ultrasonic inspection methods normally adopted on these three Administrations; the PKP on axles produced in two Polish factories, using the magnetic particle method, recommendations have been drawn up covering the principles to be adopted in standardising an automatic ultrasonic or magnetic particle examination method for use in acceptance tests carried out in the factory.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Defects; Electromagnetic properties; Flaw detection; Fluxes; Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Ultrasonic detectors; Ultrasonic tests; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Magnetic flux; Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Magnetic flaw detection; Question e139
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053351
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: E 139/RP 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM