APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. TECHNICAL AND ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT OF POSSIBILITIES OBTAINABLE WITH THYRISTORS FROM THE USER'S VIEWPOINT
This section of the final report forms a part of a comprehensive study of the problems involved in "the use of thyristors on the railways" based on many tests, the results of which were published in 26 ORE reports and Technical Documents. DT 31, 39, 40, 53, 56, 64, 72, 73, 91, 92, 93. This report contains a technical and economic assessment of the possibilities obtainable with thyristors from the viewpoint of the user. The problems associated with the reactions and interference produced in certain components will be reported in two further sections of the final report. An overall assessment of the whole problem will be the subject of a concluding fourth section of the final report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Choppers (Electricity); Electric automobiles; Electric locomotives; Electric trains; Electric vehicles; Passenger cars; Railroad electrification; Static converters; Thyristors
- Candidate Terms: Electric traction
- Old TRIS Terms: Choppers; Question a122; Thyristor control
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053348
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: A 122/RP 23 Part I Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM