VIENNA ARSENAL VEHICLE TESTING STATION. REPORT ON THE ACTIVITIES OF THE VIENNA ARSENAL VEHICLE TESTING STATION IN THE YEAR 1978
The present report briefly describes the activities of the Vienna Arsenal Vehicle Testing Station during the year 1978. Passenger coaches and tractive units from various countries were tested for the owning Railways and manufacturers. Wind tunnel tests were conducted on two bridge models and also climatic tests on a motor-car and on a helicopter. A series of ATP tests on transport means for easily perishable food products was carried out. The development and construction of an experimental cell for studying track structures under different conditions was completed. The work on the standard programme for testing the performance of disc brakes under Winter conditions is being continued.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Braking; Cold weather; Equipment tests; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Hot weather; Operations; Passenger cars; Test facilities; Wind tunnels
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Hot weather operations; Question az30; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053347
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 30/RP 19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM