STATISTICAL DISTRIBUTION OF AXLE-LOADS AND STRESSES IN RAILWAY BRIDGES. MEASUREMENT OF AXLE-LOADS DUE TO SERVICE LOADING AND THE RESULTING STRESSES IN RAILWAY BRIDGES
The report describes the axle-loads and stresses measured on six railway bridges under service loading. The stresses were classified using the rain-flow counting method and the associated stress ranges and lambda sub T values were compared with the theoretical values.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bridge engineering; Bridges; Dynamic tests; Fatigue (Mechanics); Loads; Measuring instruments; Stresses; Structural tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Fatigue loading; Question d128
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053346
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 128/RP 9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM