EVALUATION OF STRAIN MEASUREMENTS FROM TESTS WITH BEAMS ORE D 130
The report deals with the analysis of strain measurements on both I and box girders butt-welded mid-beam and provided with various welded attachments on the flanges and webs. The problem is whether it is possible to predict yield strength when the local strain ranges near stress concentration points susceptible to fatigue fracture are measured with suitably arranged strain gauges.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Haibach, E
- Wendt, U
- Davies, J
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue (Physiological condition); Loads; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Strain gages; Strain measurement; Stresses; Welding; Weldments; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Fatigue loading; Question dt75(D130); Welded steel beams; Welding stresses
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00053343
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT 75 (D130)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1980 12:00AM