ADAPTATION OF MARSHALLING YARDS FOR TAKING WAGONS WITH A WHEELBASE OF MORE THAN 14 M. EVALUATION OF EXISTING SOLUTIONS FOR PERMITTING VERY LONG WAGONS TO BE HUMP SHUNTED WITH AUTOMATIC CONTROL
This report presents a choice of solutions for the installations of existing marshalling yards taking into account the economic aspect. It contains the measures to be provided in future marshalling yards, which also depend on economic criteria.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Benefit cost analysis; Classification yards; Costs; Economic analysis; Gravity switching; Hump yards; Railroads; Simulation; Wheel base; Yard operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Humping speed; Long cars; Yard simulation; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00053341
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 147/RP 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 15 1980 12:00AM