FATIGUE PHENOMENA IN WELDED CONNECTIONS OF BRIDGES AND CRANES. TESTS WITH SMALL I-BEAMS WITH A LOW STRESS LOAD SPECTRUM
This report contains a description of the results of 3 tests, carried out on small I-beams with welded-on stiffeners under spectral load. Plates are welded on the compression flange in the longitudinal and lateral directions. Two sources of fatigue strength data and the maximum likelihood method were used to analyse the results. The available data did not suffice, however, to determine differences between the fatigue strength curves.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridges; Fatigue strength; Fatigue tests; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Stresses; Welding; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Question d130; Welded steel beams; Welding stresses
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053340
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 130/RP 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM