PROCEEDINGS OF STAPP CAR CRASH CONFERENCE, 23RD, 1979
The Proceedings contains 30 papers presented at the Conference, all of which are indexed separately. Subjects covered include integrated seat/belt systems, injury mechanism analyses, seat design, lateral impact response, various types of crash simulations, shoulder belts, knee restraints, pedestrian injuries, comparison of passenger injuries with dummy loadings, frontal collisions, epidemiology of childhood motor vehicle related accidents, child restraint systems, head impact response, intercranial pressure relationships under impact, biomechanics, biodynamics, simulation models, postural influences on thoracic impact, inflating air cushions, evaluation of human tolerance in frontal impacts, and others.
- Proceedings from the 23rd Stapp Car Crash Conference held in San Diego, California, October 17-19, 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 914 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Automobiles; Biological materials; Biophysics; Child restraint systems; Conferences; Crash injury research; Crashes; Dummies; Frontal crashes; Impact tests; Impacts; Injuries; Manual safety belts; Materials tests; Motor vehicles; Passengers; Pedestrian-vehicle crashes; Pedestrians; Prevention; Research; Safety; Seat belts; Seats; Shoulder harnesses; Side crashes; Simulation; Testing; Traffic crashes
- Old TRIS Terms: Air cushion; Automobile collision dummies; Crash experiments; Seat-safety belt interaction; Shoulder harness
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00317018
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: P-82
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM