RAILWAY NOISE. NOISE ABATEMENT MEASURES ON OLDER RAILWAY STOCK (PART 2: CONVERSION MEASURES AND RESULTS)
Part 2 of the report describes the conversion of selected older-type stock (electric and diesel locomotives and passenger coaches) with a view to acoustic improvement, and gives the results achieved as indicated by the measurements. The generally conventional materials and those applied are indicated. Similar results obtained by various railway Administrations are described. The extent of conversion measures is outlined. Deductions are made concerning practical measures, materials available and principles for the various vehicles. The basic findings are summarised in a general assessment.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Diesel locomotives; Electric automobiles; Electric insulating materials; Electric locomotives; Electric vehicles; Insulating materials; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Passenger cars; Sound level
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Question c137
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053339
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 137/RP 9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM