RAILWAY NOISE. NOISE ABATEMENT MEASURES ON OLDER RAILWAY STOCK (PART 1: REFERENCE MEASUREMENTS)
This report contains the results of noise measurements taken on older railway stock (electric and diesel locomotives and passenger coaches) with a view to converting them to achieve acoustic improvement. The report describes the vehicles, their main units and the noise abatement measures adopted, and indicates the noise transmission paths, the measuring conditions and analysis methods, as well as giving the results and outlining what further work is planned.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Diesel locomotives; Electric locomotives; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Passenger cars; Sound level; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Question c137
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053338
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 137/RP 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM