BRAKE PADS FOR DISC BRAKES AND COMPOSITION BRAKE BLOCKS. CORRELATION BETWEEN THE CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES AND THE BEHAVIOUR OF DISC BRAKE PADS DURING BRAKE APPLICATIONS
This report deals with investigations made into the correlation of the physical and chemical properties (hardness, Young's modulus, density, flammability, acetone extraction) with the service performance characteristics (friction coefficient, wear, interaction) of brake pads for disc brakes.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Brakes; Braking; Composite materials; Disc brakes; Durability tests; Vehicle tests; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake tests; Question b126
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053337
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 126/RP 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM