ADAPTATION OF MARSHALLING YARDS FOR TAKING WAGONS WITH WHEELBASE OF MORE THAN 14 M. PRELIMINARY STUDY OF EXISTING AUTOMATIC MARSHALLING YARD
This report contains a technical study of the solutions which are already applied to existing marshalling yards. It shows the scope of the problem and assesses the present solutions for the automatic hump shunting of very long wagons.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Classification yards; Freight cars; Hump yards; Railroad yards; Retarder control; Surveys; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated retarder yards; Automatic classification yards; Question d147; Retarder yards
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00053336
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 147/RP 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM