BRAKING AND STARTING FORCES ON BRIDGES AND INTERACTIONS BETWEEN TRACK AND BRIDGES. THEORETICAL STUDIES AND CALCULATIONS CONCERNING THE EFFECTS OF LONGITUDINAL FORCES ON TRACKS AND BRIDGES DUE TO STARTING AND BRAKING
The report describes studies carried out by OBB abd relating to the effect of horizontal forces on tracks and bridges. The differential equation for the horizontally loaded track is solved in closed form and a computer program for calculating the rail forces at the ends of the support structure is given. Theory is compared with test results. The governing influence of the track itself on the magnitude of the longitudinal rail forces above the bearings is confirmed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Bridges; Computer programs; Force; Railroad tracks; Tests; Train track dynamics
- Identifier Terms: Osterreichische Bundesbahnen
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking forces; Question d101; Starting forces
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053334
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 101/RP 14
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM