BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES AND INTERACTION BETWEEN TRACK AND STRUCTURE. STARTING AND BRAKING TESTS ON A REINFORCED CONCRETE THREE-SPAN BRIDGE WITH NEOPRENE BEARINGS
This report presents the results of braking and starting measurements taken on a reinforced concrete hyperstatic three-span bridge consisting of two adjacent but independent 35 m decks, one carrying track laid on the ballast and the other with the track laid direct, with special neoprene bearings. The report describes with the distribution of the braking and starting forces in the abutments, the piers and the rails, with different locations of the fixed bearings and with different continuous and discontinuous rail configurations for each of the two types of deck. It also indicates the measured values of the thrusts transmitted to the ground in the case of the deck with ballasted track.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Ballastless track; Brakes; Braking; Braking performance; Bridge bearings; Bridges; Equipment tests; Measurement; Polymers; Strain gages; Test procedures; Vehicle tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake tests; Question d101; Starting forces; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053332
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 101/RP 13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM