ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION (VIENNA ARSENAL). WORK DONE AT THE ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION IN THE YEAR OF 1976/1977 (FROM 1ST SEPTEMBER 1976 TO 31ST DECEMBER 1977)
This is the tenth annual report on the work done by the Research and Test Institute for Electronics in Railway Technology (abbreviated designation: Electronic Test Installation), which is operated in Vienna jointly by the Office for Research and Experiments (ORE) of the International Union of Railways (UIC) and the Austrian Federal Research and Test Institute Arsenal (BVFA). In this year, the tenth year since the opening of the installation, the agreement of co-operation between the institutions referred to above was superseded by a new agreement with a life of five years. For this reason a technical meeting of several days duration was held. In the course of the year under review, the Electronic Test Installation was engaged in work on the following subjects: 1. Data transmission technique. Preparatory tests were made by the A 145 Specialists Committee for five European Railways concerning the HERMES data transmission network planned by UIC at 9600 bits/s on railway circuits. As part of these tests three different modems were subjected to type tests. 2. Work done for the A 103 Specialists Committee. On the basis of the report on the interference analyses made by the Electronic Test Installation, which had been prepared during the preceding financial year, the A 103 Specialists Committee produced the specifications of performance for equipment used to test the transmission of information in a train. Preliminary studies were made to measure such transmission systems and to assess their quality. 3. Safety tests of automatic warning installations for track maintenance gangs for the A 124 Specialists Committee. After the investigations begun in the preceding year, two other automatic warning installations for track maintenance gangs were tested for their reliable operating. 4. Other railway orders. Interference with telecommunication circuits by various modes of traction was measured, on behalf of NS on their system.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Data communications; Data processing; Electric circuits; Electronic equipment; Interference; Modems; Positive train control; Railroads; Safety equipment; Transmissions; Warning systems
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Circuit design; Data modems; Electronic safety devices; Electronic systems; Question az32
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00053329
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 32/RP 10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM