CONDITIONS WHICH SHOULD BE COMPLIED WITH BY WAGON COMPONENTS FOR 22 T AXLELOAD. HAULING TESTS WITH WHEELSETS OF GRADE R7 AND R8 STEEL
Two wheelsets manufactured in France from grade R7 and grade R8 steel were submitted to hauling tests over a distance of 40 km at braking powers of up to 47 kW. The deformations and temperatures measured during the tests showed that the wheelsets were suitable for being fitted to wagons for operation in railway service at 22 t axleload.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Braking; Freight cars; Railroad cars; Steel; Tests; Vehicle components; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Braking tests; Question b142; Steel wheels
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053322
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 142/RP 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM