ADHESION OF LOCOMOTIVES FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THEIR CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION. SYNTHESIS REPORT: THE CURRENT STATE OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT WHEEL-RAIL ADHESION
This is the final report. It describes the current state of knowledge about wheel-rail adhesion, referring to the work carried out by the Committee itself (RP 2-13) and to an extensive body of literature. Theoretical considerations as well as the results of many tests are described.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Car wheels (Railroads); Coefficients; Creep; Dynamics; Electric arcs; Force; Friction; Locomotives; Rail (Railroads); Sanding; State of the art; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Adhesion coefficient; Question b44
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053315
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 44/RP 14
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM