OPTIMUM ADAPTATION OF THE CONVENTIONAL TRACK TO FUTURE TRAFFIC. SYNTHESIS OF THE TESTS ON TRANSFER FUNCTIONS OF MAINTENANCE MACHINES
The report deals with the performance of track maintenance machines from the point of view of the track geometry. The characteristics of these machines which had been expressed in terms of theoretical transfer functions in Technical Document No. 29 were the subject of tests to determine the actual transfer functions. This report permits the comparison of the track maintenance machines tested. It compares the theoretical transfer functions with the actual ones. The theoretical aspects of the treatment of these test results were evolved in Technical Document No. 77. The performance of none of the machines meets the characteristics of the theoretical transfers, and it is therefore recommended in the conclusions that additional research be made.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Linings; Maintenance of way; Railroad tracks; Structural design; Tamping; Transfer functions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d117; Tampers; Track lining; Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053310
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 117/RP 10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM