BRAKE PADS FOR DISC BRAKES AND COMPOSITION BRAKE BLOCKS. REPRODUCIBILITY AND COMPARABILITY OF BRAKE TESTS ON FULL-SCALE BRAKE DYNAMOMETERS
Investigations on six full-scale brake dynamometers which were made in connection with the problems of reproducibility and comparability are described in the report. The results of this work formed the basis for the conditions, requirements and recommendations which will have to be met by brake dynamometers, and the test procedure for carrying out a programme of acceptance tests, for disc brake pads and composition brake blocks.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Brake shoes; Brakes; Composite materials; Disc brakes; Dynamometers; Test procedures; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake tests; Braking systems; Car maintenance; Question b126
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053309
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 126/RP 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM