PERMISSIBLE MAXIMUM VALUES FOR THE Y AND Q FORCES AS WELL AS THE RATIO Y/Q. LIMIT VALUES FOR THE Y AND Q FORCES FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF RAIL STRESSES
First a survey is given of the previous studies and of the possible criteria to be retained. The calculation methods used for determining the stresses in the rail are then described. The first results are presented graphically by giving, as a function of the Y and Q loads, the maximum tensile and shear stresses occurring in a UIC 60 rail for a load applied between two sleepers.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Formulas; L/V ratio; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Stresses; Structural analysis; Thermal stresses; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral loads; Track stiffness
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c138; Rail stress; Rail thermal stresses
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053305
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 138/RP 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM