FATIGUE PHENOMENA IN WELDED CONNECTIONS OF BRIDGES AND CRANES. TESTS ON LARGE I-BEAMS AT LOW STRESSES
This report describes the results of three spectrum loading tests on large butt-welded I-beams, with plates welded longitudinally and transversely to the compression flanges. Two sources of endurance data and the method of Maximum Likelihood were used to analyse the results but insufficient data existed to discriminate between the endurance curves.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridges; Cracking; Failure analysis; Fatigue cracking; Fatigue tests; Metal bridges; Metallurgy; Service life; Steel; Steel bridges; Strain gages; Strain measurement; Stresses; Welding; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Question d130; Steel metallurgy; Welded steel beams; Welding stresses
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053303
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 130/RP 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM