INVESTIGATION OF BRIDGE DECKS WITH CONCRETE ENCASED GIRDERS
This final report is primarily devoted to the comparison between theoretical calculations and the results of measurements made on different bridge deck models with concrete encased girders. Some recommendations are then formulated concerning the calculation methods which seem better suited to this type of bridge deck. Various lessons are then drawn from the tests carried out on bridge deck models forming variants to the conventional type of bridge decks with concrete encased girders, e.g. those concentrating the steel at the lower fibre or those formed of prefabricated elements assembled by transverse prestressing.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Bridge engineering; Bridges; Concrete bridges; Dynamic tests; Failure analysis; Girder bridges; Static tests; Stresses; Structural tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge structures; Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Question d123
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053302
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 123/RP 10 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM