VIENNA ARSENAL VEHICLE TESTING STATION. REPORT ON THE ACTIVITIES OF THE VIENNA ARSENAL VEHICLE TESTING STATION IN THE YEAR 1977
The present report briefly describes the activities of the Vehicle Testing Station Vienna Arsenal during the year 1977. Vehicles such as coaches and tractive vehicles from different countries were tested from the owner railways and manufacturers. Furthermore, a series of ATP tests for transport materials for easily perishable food products were carried out for the first time. The development and construction of a track measurement cell for measuring the track in different conditions is almost completed. The work on the standard programme for testing the behaviour of disc brakes in winter conditions is being continued. A model test for simulating a sand-storm for testing the functioning of units and vehicles in special conditions, as they occur in different countries, proved that practical studies at a more extended scale are possible.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Cold weather; Equipment tests; Freight cars; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Passenger cars; Perishables; Sand; Test facilities; Test procedures; Test vehicles; Tests
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az30; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053301
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 30/RP 18
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM