RAILWAY NOISE. TESTS TO REDUCE THE NOISE DURING BRAKING AND RUNNING ROUND A SHARP CURVE: RESULTS OF TESTS AND CONCLUSIONS
After the presentation of the general principles in report C 137/RP 2, this report describes all the test results and conclusions obtained from the measurements of screech and squeal caused by shoe and disc brakes on railway vehicles and also of the noise generated during the negotiation of a specially equipped track curve by a special test train. The conditions and mechanical laws making it possible to reduce these types of noise are determined.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Braking; Car wheels (Railroads); Curved track; Damping (Engineering); Disc brakes; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Railroads; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Braking noise; Question c137; Wheel damping; Wheel screech; Wheel screech noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053300
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 137/RP 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM