UNIFICATION OF THE GEOMETRY OF SWITCHES AND CROSSINGS WITH UIC 60 RAILS PERMITTING HIGH SPEED ON THE DIVERGING TRACK. TESTS ON EXISTING TURNOUTS OR THOSE ESPECIALLY DESIGNED AT THE PROPOSALS OF THE D 121 SPECIALISTS COMMITTEE-SUPPLEMENTARY CONCLUSIONS
This report gives the results of the programme of measurements carried out from January 1976 to October 1977 on the SNCB, CFF, DB and SNCF networks. It deals primarily with the negotiation of crossovers suitable for speeds of 130 km/h and 160 km/h on the diverging tracks. Further information is given concerning the effect of check-rails with different entry slopes.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Crossovers; Dynamics; Guardrails; High speed track; Passenger comfort; Rail (Railroads); Rolling contact; Train track dynamics; Turnouts; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d121
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053299
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 121/RP 3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM