FATIGUE PHENOMENA IN WELDED CONNECTIONS OF BRIDGES AND CRANES. GRAPHICAL AND ANALYTICAL EVALUATION OF FATIGUE STRENGTH DATA FOR WELDED CONNECTIONS
Results of fatigue tests are evaluated on a uniform basis, using the normalised Wohler line for welded joints in structural steel. The graphical method hitherto used and a newly developed analytical method are applied, both methods being described. The investigations refer to bar-like specimens and specimens resembling structural members. Significant statements concern: the slope of the Wohler line, the scatter of stresses and endurances, the cut-off of the Wohler line. The results of both methods differ to some extent. A comparison with other results has been included.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Fatigue strength; Fatigue tests; Fracture mechanics; Joints (Engineering); Steel; Stresses; Welding; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis; Welded joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d130; Welding stresses
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 130/RP 9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM