BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES AND INTERACTION BETWEEN TRACK AND STRUCTURES. MEASURING METHODS ADOPTED IN THE STUDY OF THERMAL PHENOMENA ASSOCIATED WITH INTERACTION BETWEEN CWR TRACK AND BRIDGES
This report outlines the various methods for measuring and theories for evaluating thermal stresses in CWR. The object of the report is to enable conclusions to be drawn and recommendations to be formulated on the basis of preliminary experiments.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge railings; Measuring instruments; Rail (Railroads); Strain gages; Stresses; Structural tests; Thermal stresses; Welded rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d101; Rail stress; Rail tests; Rail thermal stresses
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053295
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 101/RP 12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM