UP-DATING OF TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE SUPPLY OF RAILS. PROPOSAL FOR A NEW TEXT FOR TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION UIC 860
This report primarily consists of a new text proposed for Technical Specification UIC 860: Technical Specification for the supply of Vignole (flat-bottom) rails in non-treated steel. The text has been amended on account of the need for revising certain sections and--concerning tolerances--as a result of numerous dimensional measurements on rails, carried out in the works of the rail manufacturers to verify the manufacturing possibilities.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Specifications; Steel plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d144; Rail specifications; Rail steel metallurgy; Rail technology
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053293
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 144/RP 2 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM