PREVENTION OF DERAILMENT OF GOODS WAGONS ON DISTORTED TRACKS. DERAILMENT ON CURVES WITH HIGH CANT AND SMALL RADIUS
An enquiry was made to investigate whether the conditions of equal value to all the parameters of the track system which has been taken as the basis for the method of calculating the standard characteristics values of freight rolling stock (ORE Report B 55/BP 6) are adequate, and whether the track cant should be introduced as another condition. The report contains the results of an enquiry concerning the derailments having occurred on superelevated tracks of the different railways and also concerning the laws applied by them to the layout of tracks.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Derailments; Prevention; Spirals; Steering; Superelevation; Surveys; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b55
- Subject Areas: Highways; Railroads; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00053290
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 55/RP 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM