STANDARDISATION OF LARGE CONTAINERS AND LARGE CONTAINER WAGONS. STANDARDISATION OF BOGIE WAGONS WITH IMPACT DAMPERS AND A 60 FT LOADING LENGTH FOR THE TRANSPORT OF LARGE CONTAINERS IN ORDINARY TRAINS
The report provides a survey of the bases of work and describes the work which was found necessary in standardising this type of wagon. Appended is also a description of the construction (descriptive note and plan) and a summary of the tests carried out (including service tests).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Container cars; Containerization; Damping (Physics); Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Occupant protection devices; Operations; Shock absorbers; Standardization; Static tests; Vehicle components; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Impact protection; Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Lading protection; Question b112; Shock absorption
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053287
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 112/RP 15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM