RUNNING SAFETY OF VEHICLES FITTED WITH THE AUTOMATIC COUPLER. SURVEY PROBLEMS--PRESENTATION OF QUESTIONS COVERED
This report states the reasons which led to the study of Question B 125, though its principal subjects are the problems concerning the safety against derailment of wagons equipped with the automatic coupler. The results obtained using the calculation methods of the B 125 Specialists Committee are discussed. The set of diagrams being prepared for UIC Leaflet 530-2 is explained and clearly illustrated with the aid of some diagrams. The problem of "passenger coaches in a freight train" is treated, and indications are given for the calculation of the permissible longitudinal compressive forces for specified types of wagon.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Derailments; Dynamics; Force; Prevention; Riding qualities; Safety; Stability (Mechanics); Train makeup; Train operations; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces; Vertical dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Question b125; Riding stability
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00053286
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 125/RP 7 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM