RUNNING SAFETY OF VEHICLES FITTED WITH THE AUTOMATIC COUPLER. METHODS FOR CALCULATING PERMISSIBLE LONGITUDINAL COMPRESSIVE FORCES FOR WAGONS
This report deals with the methods of calculating the permissible longitudinal compressive forces of wagons in service which are equipped with the automatic (centre buffer) coupler, the methods of calculation having been agreed on between UIC and OSJD. These methods of calculation and also the initial conditions from which the calculations proceed differ from the methods given in Reports RP 3 and RP 4 or ORE Specialists Committee B 125. The agreed method of calculation also covers the two-stage suspension springs for two-axled wagons. Comparative calculations made in accordance with the agreed method of calculation produced the same results. A method of calculation was also agreed on for bogie wagons with two two-axled bogies, taking into account the two-stage suspension spring and the clearance of the elastic side bearers. Consequently, methods of assessment which have been agreed on jointly by UIC and OSJD are available for two-axled wagons and bogie wagons with two-axled bogies to determine the permissible longitudinal compressive force.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Derailments; Force; Freight cars; Prevention; Riding qualities; Stability (Mechanics); Train track dynamics; Two axle cars
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Center buffer couplers; Question b125; Riding stability
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00053285
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 125/RP 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM