This report contains representative measuring values obtained from some railway administrations and also from recent publications on the internal and external noise levels of motive power units and trains. So as to determine the characteristic features of the disturbing effects of railway noise, the question of appropriate exposure levels (dose) is discussed. Mention is made of the present legal regulations concerning noise in a number of European countries and provisional reference values are given for the permissible noise level in railway traffic.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Car wheels (Railroads); Legal factors; Legislation; Locomotives; Noise; Railroads; Retarder control; Sound level; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Railroad noise
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Locomotive cab noise; Question c137; Retarder noise; Wheel screech noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053283
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 137/RP 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1978 12:00AM