RAILWAY NOISE. GENERATION AND PROPAGATION OF RAILWAY NOISE: IN OPEN, FLAT COUNTRY (FREE-FIELD), IN CUTTING, ON EMBANKMENTS
This report contains a survey of the information concerning the generation and propagation of railway noise in the vicinity of tracks and for various sites (free-field; cutting; embankment) taking into account the different types of train traffic and track equipment and in taking as reference basis the noise level measured close to an axle under a moving vehicle or in the vicinity of the track during the passage of the vehicle.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory materials.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Railroad trains; Sound level; Test procedures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Noise attenuation; Question c137; Train noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053280
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 137/RP 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM