STATISTICAL DISTRIBUTION OF AXLE-LOADS AND STRESSES IN RAILWAY BRIDGES. ESTIMATE OF THE LIFE OF STEEL RAILWAY BRIDGES WITH GIVEN TRAFFIC
Making use of the train types of several railway Administrations presented in RP 5 and based on traffic parameters (e.g. daily train numbers, annual volume) traffic spectra were compiled and the stress-time histories calculated for given influence lines. The calculation methods used are given and explained by reference to examples. Possible applications to railway bridge dimensioning and fatigue life predictions are presented.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory materials.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Bridges; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue strength; Metal bridges; Service life; Steel bridges; Stresses; Traffic loads; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue life
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d128
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053278
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 128/RP 6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM