FATIGUE PHENOMENA IN WELDED CONNECTIONS OF BRIDGES AND CRANES. STUDY OF THE FATIGUE STRENGTH OF BOX-BEAMS SEALED WITH DIAPHRAGMS SUBJECTED TO CONSTANT AMPLITUDE AXIAL LOADING
Some longitudinal welded box sections sealed with transversely welded diaphragms have been subjected to fatigue tests under constant amplitude axial loading. The results are evaluated according to the normalised Wohler line. In this way, fatigue strength values are obtained for this type of stress concentration.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory materials.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Cracking; Fatigue strength; Fatigue tests; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Stresses; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Stress concentration
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d130; Welded steel beams
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053273
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 130/RP 6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM