NON-POLLUTING SANITARY INSTALLATIONS. TOILETS OF NEW DESIGN BEING TESTED ON THE COACHES OF EUROPEAN ADMINISTRATIONS. ENQUIRY REPORT
This report reviews the changes which have taken place as regards the new designs of toilets available on the market and their use on the different railway networks, since 1975 when the enquiry Report B 140/RP 1 was issued. A table is given synthesising the information received from the Administrations concerning tests in progress. The report finally draws some provisional conclusions concerning the advantages and drawbacks of the different types, which might provide a basis for discussion by the recently set up Specialists Committee.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Passenger cars; Sanitary engineering; Sewage treatment; Toilet facilities; Vehicle design; Waste disposal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Waste treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design; Question b140; Toilets
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053272
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B140/RP 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM