MUTUAL RAIL/WHEEL WEAR AND CORRUGATORY WEAR. FORMATION OF CORRUGATION AND WAVES ON THE RAIL AND MUTUAL WEAR OF WHEEL AND RAIL
This report is essentially an analysis of the replies to a questionnaire sent to the Member-administrations of ORE concerning mutual rail/wheel wear and corrugatory rail wear problems. The Administrations are interested in these problems but their replies do not introduce many new elements of information with respect to existing knowledge. Taking into account the complexity of the phenomena concerned, the more or less successful studies already made and the fact that the adopted empirical solutions reduce the economic importance of the phenomena, it is considered that the carrying out of new systematic studies would be pointless. A permanent exchange of information is nevertheless recommended.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory materials.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrugations (Defects); Deformation; Maintenance of way; Questionnaires; Rail (Railroads); Rail grinding; Wear; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rail corrugation
- Old TRIS Terms: Question s1012; Rail deformation
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053269
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: S 1012/RP 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM