HIGH POWER TRACTION CURRENT COLLECTION AT HIGH SPEEDS. PERMISSIBLE CURRENT LOADING AT THE CONTACT POINT BETWEEN CONTACT WIRE AND CURRENT COLLECTOR AT REST AND DURING STARTING
The report describes a study of the influence of various parameters on the active current transfer surface between contact wire and current collector as well as of localised heating and physical structural changes of this surface. The permissible limits of current transfer in dependence of the contact force are given.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory materials.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Contact wire; Electric locomotives; Electric power generation and transmission; Electrical conductivity; High speed rail; Load limits; Railroad electrification
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics; Electric power collection; Question a129
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053267
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A 129/RP 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM