STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. PROGRAMME OF TESTS TO BE CARRIED OUT ON WAGONS WITH STEEL UNDERFRAME AND BODY (SUITABLE FOR BEING FITTED WITH THE AUTOMATIC BUFFING AND DRAW COUPLER). 3RD EDITION
This report replaces the previous Report B 12/RP 17 (74), 2nd edition. It surveys all the tests which are at present considered as representing the complete series of tests to which a new type of wagon should be exposed. The conditions under which these tests should be made and the results to be obtained (maximum or minimum values) are laid down for each test. On account of the detailed information it contains, taking into consideration the developments which have taken place during the last few years in the construction of goods wagons, this report constitutes a valuable basis for the design of new types of wagons.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory materials.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Prototypes; Standardization; Static tests; Structural analysis; Test procedures; Tests; Vehicle components; Vehicle design; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Question b12
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053266
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 12/RP 17(77)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1978 12:00AM