REPORT ON TESTS WITH STABILISING ARTICULATION, PARTICULARLY THE BRAKING TESTS AT EILTE AND THE COMPRESSION TESTS AT VAIRES
This report covers the results obtained in the braking tests at Eilte and the compression tests at Vaires. Operating conditions were simulated at Eilte. At Vaires, on the other hand, static conditions were aimed at with a view to studying the stabilising system under more controlled conditions. The tests were carried out with vehicle formations 1, 2 and 7. The object of the tests was: to check the functioning of a vertical and horizontal stabilising articulation; to compare the longitudinal compression forces sustained with the vertical and horizontal stabilising articulation with those sustained with the screw and buffer articulation and with the vertical stabilising articulation; to collate the quantitative values, particularly as regards the efficacy of the vertical and horizontal stabilisation system, for the calculation programme of the B 125 Specialists Committee. This report deals with formations 1 and 7. A mathematical check is made for these two formations. The efficacy values n sub v (vertical stabilisation) and n sub h (horizontal stabilisation) are determined.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Dynamics; Tests; Two axle cars
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking tests; Question b51
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053265
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B51/RP 20
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM