FATIGUE PHENOMENA IN WELDED CONNECTIONS OF BRIDGES AND CRANES. CONSTANT AMPLITUDE FATIGUE TESTS OF I-BEAMS WITH TRANSVERSE AND LONGITUDINAL FILLET WELDS
Welded I-beams underwent constant amplitude fatigue testing. Beam A had transverse stiffeners welded into the beam and lateral steel plates welded on to the flanges, beam B transverse stiffeners in the compression zone welded into the beam and longitudinal steel plates welded on to the flanges. The results were evaluated with reference to the standardised Wohler line. Fatigue strength values differed, but were below design specifications.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge construction; Bridges; Construction; Failure; Fatigue strength; Fatigue tests; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d130
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 130/RP 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM