HIGH POWER TRACTION CURRENT COLLECTION AT HIGH SPEED. SHORT-CIRCUIT CURRENT LOAD CAPACITY OF OVERHEAD LINE SYSTEM WIRES AND CABLES
This report analyses the thermal behaviour of the components of an overhead line in short-circuit conditions. Information is given about the temperatures produced in copper and copper alloy contact wires and bronze catenary cables by the short-circuit currents generated. Maximum permissible currents for contact wires, bronze cables, droppers and copper wires.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Overvoltage; Railroad electrification; Short circuits
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a129
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053261
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A129/RP 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM