UNCONVENTIONAL TRACKS. RESUME REPORT ON UNCONVENTIONAL TRACKS
The various types of unconventional tracks studied by the Committee are classified and considered relative to possible applications. Design methods, importance of natural or improved soil conditions and requirements for adjustability are reviewed. After presenting advantages and disadvantages and current trends in costs, non-conventional construction is recommended in tunnels or on rock formation, with possible future application in other cases.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete slab track; Costs; Railroad tracks; Soil mechanics; Structural design; Track laying; Unconventional track
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d87; Track construction costs
- Subject Areas: Finance; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053259
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D87/RP 17
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM