STATISTICAL DISTRIBUTION OF AXLE-LOADS AND STRESSES IN RAILWAY BRIDGES. MOMENT RANGE SPECTRA IN RAILWAY BRIDGES, DERIVED FROM THE STATISTICAL TRAFFIC SPECTRUM
The report gives a statistical representation (statistical traffic spectrum) of railway traffic considered as a succession of vehicles (axle loads, axle spacings and order of succession of axles). It outlines the method for deducing from this the statistical distribution of the static bending moment ranges at the middle of a bridge of arbitrary span (moment range spectrum). The calculations are fairly short and the method lends itself well to the analysis of the influence of different traffic parameters.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Bending; Bending moments; Bending stress; Bridges; Stresses; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d128
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053256
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D128/RP 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM