INTERACTION BETWEEN VEHICLES AND TRACK. METHODS FOR ASSESSING THE COMFORT QUALITY OF PASSENGER VEHICLES
After a description of the main methods used to evaluate the riding quality and an indication of the relations existing between them, the difficulties encountered in applying the ISO 2631 standard to rail vehicles are described. Some modifications in the ISO curves are proposed, mainly for the frequencies under 1 Hz and an application example is given. The need for further work is stressed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Passenger comfort; Passenger trains; Rail (Railroads); Ride quality; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c116
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053252
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 116/RP 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM