OVERALL RISK QUANTIFICATION - THE NEED FOR IMPROVED INDUSTRY/IMCO LIAISON IN FUTURE
This paper demonstrates that the chemical industry has an acceptable safety record and suggests that the techniques of hazard analysis which have made this possible might with advantage be applied to the shipment of chemical cargoes. Examples are given where more direct technical input from chemical companies to their respective national delegations at IMCO might have resulted in recommendations offering even greater safety at the land/sea interface.
- The Proceedings of MariChem 79: Papers presented at the Second International Conference on Marine Transportation, Handling and Storage of Bulk Chemicals, MariChem 79, together with verbatim discussion. Held in Monte Carlo, 6-8 March 1979.
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- Ingram, D W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: p. 53-61
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Chemical tankers; Chemicals; Chemicals; Hazard evaluation; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Occupational safety; Regulations; Safety; Transportation
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous chemicals transportation; Imco chemical carriers code; Personnel safety; Regulations (Hazardous materials)
- Subject Areas: Law; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00314745
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM