STATISTICAL DISTRIBUTION OF AXLE LOADS AND STRESSES IN RAILWAY BRIDGES. BENDING MOMENT SPECTRA AND PREDICTED LIVES OF RAILWAY BRIDGES
The report presents bending moment spectra at mid-span points for simple beams and predicted lives of railway bridges for 10 spans from 2 to 50 m. The bridges are subjected to various typical trains of 7 European railway administrations, the trains run at different speeds. For the fatigue life of bridges, the moment histories are analysed by the rainflow counting method and Palmgren-Miner cumulative damage theory is used.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bending moments; Bridges; Fatigue (Mechanics); Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue life
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d128
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053251
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 128/RP 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM